Friday, April 4, 2014

Ugh! It's just too bright out!!

Snow.  Again.  I am working on the last vestiges of a migraine that is just clinging on with it's long, red talons.  Ugh.  The snow outside didn't help.  

On a lighter note... Do you like my new page design!?!?  I kinda lost the 'like' button after I did it, but it only took an hour to get it back this time.  I thought it needed some freshening up.

So.  SEVEN PAGES!!  I rewrote and edited seven pages today.  I probably shouldn't have with my head being icky, but I really felt drawn in.  It is a sci-fi/horror book that is currently at 256 pages long.  This has been in the making since my freshman year of high school.  Talk about procrastination.  It was only a few dozen pages long at the time.  Years later after I was married, I pulled it out again.  My late husband read it and, being a sci fi geek, he went berserkers!!  I couldn't believe it.  No one had ever read it before then and only one person has read it since.  (Honestly, I think she just skimmed and pretended to read it, as she had no clue as to what my questions meant. She was more of a romance novel type.)

Well, my sons were stuck in the house again due to the weather.  Combine that with a drum set for the four year old, forty questions from the eight year old and piano lessons for the thirteen year old and the headache doesn't seem so surprising anymore.

My youngest has the wonderful habit of coming in to my bed each night and pretty much wrapping himself around my head and shoulders complete with full head embrace.  This is the main trigger for my headaches. I love him and love to cuddle, but the migraines are a bit much.  How do I tell him no?  I have begun to be a bit more forceful in getting him to at least pull back to my side and shoulders.  I need to keep a pry bar next to my bed on my nightstand to get him off during the night.

Excuse #12  - I did write, but not as much as I would have liked to have.  I also should have sent off the other emails.  But, do you know what havoc a computer screen plays on your head?!?

Question of the day - How do/did you get your child to stop coming in to your bed every night?

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

Goodnight, all!

Tanya




No comments: