Thursday, April 3, 2014

Loving C. S. Lewis

Right now, as two of my boys lay rolled up in blankies in the living room for a sort of camp out, they are listening to C. S. Lewis' The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.  It is a wonderful reading I found on YouTube.  

We found the neatest barber in town who does the most amazing job on the boy's hair.  They have thirty thousand cowlicks and their dad's crooked part.  He thinned here, trimmed here and cut there and I ended up with three very handsome boys.  And I didn't have to do it!  I have every intention of taking them there from now on!  NO more wiggling, giggling boys writhing about under very sharp instruments of torture!

In regards to the writing:  I did it!  I sent off yet another manuscript and am hoping you cross your fingers, toes and eyes for me along with many, many prayers that these are met with acceptance.  I have several kids books that were written for my boys, but, again, that whole procrastinating thing was (and is) still going on.  One book at a time, guys.  I should have done it sooner, but - there it is!
I did try.  You know.  W -R-I-T-I-N-G.  I did submit the manuscript AND manage to run a load in the dishwasher!  

I don't know if you knew it, but I homeschool my boys.  Today was the day that we needed bright sunshine to throw them outdoors for recess but instead had a slushy rain fall.  They are stir crazy, I am manic trying to keep everything clean behind them.  The difference with homeschooling:  There is no catchup time.  The mess continues throughout the entire day....

Maybe if I just duct taped them to the ceiling, but then I would have to climb a ladder to clean the ceiling.  LOL!

Excuse #11  -  Too much rain, and too much boy.  I know I stated that rain is good for my writing, but that is not what this is!  This is just Poe-depressing.

Today's question - Should the Narnia series be changed to chronological order from its original order with Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe being the first?  

"Every night, before he turned in, he would write in the book. He wrote about things he had done, things he had seen, and thoughts he had had. Sometimes he drew a picture. He always ended by asking himself a question so he would have something to think about while falling asleep." -The Trumpet of the Swan  E. B.White


Good night, you!

Tanya

No comments: