Saturday, April 5, 2014

Do I get my nap now?

I want a nap.  I want to be grounded and sent to my room for the rest of the day.  Please?

Oh, well.  It was worth a try.  

Today was a great lazy day kind of Saturday.  The boys seemed to be marginally normal which is not normal.  They went to the park and I wrote.  They played in the den, and I wrote.  They walked to the store, and I watched the Conjuring.  If you have not seen this movie I am telling you it is awesome.  It is the only movie to actually scare me in a very long time.  Post Stephen King.  Watch something funny afterwards to get it out of your system,though.


So, again, I only really did rewrites but it was something.  I actually started to get lost in the story again.  I forgot how much I enjoyed the characters.

Today my question is ....well...I guess I just am starting to lose umph.  No one comments on here so it just becomes a sounding board for my own ramblings.  There are 'likes' and people are reading.  As of today there have been over 700 views of my blog.  But no one adds it, follows me or comments.  I actually do want to hear what your answers are.  They are not rhetorical.  Your interest is important to me.  

So, I guess my question would be -  Have you ever watched Lawrence Welk and danced or bopped along with it?  My daughters and sons have danced together in extravagant costumes and whirled and twirled with skirts billowing around them.  My oldest son was their partner.  They're too old for this now, but my sons still have me as a partner.

“When I was your age, television was called books.” 
― William GoldmanThe Princess Bride

The beautiful Overlook Hotel from 'The Shining'.   Love this.

Take care, all.

Tanya



No comments: