Thursday, March 27, 2014

You are not going to believe this!

This is not a drill.. I repeat, this is not a drill.  I wrote my intro today! 

 I started out casually (you must start out with a flair, you know) and braved up enough to make a split screen of the old document and the new document.  I let that ruminate for a while and take root in my mind. 

 I actually mean to start this. Somehow or another I am someday going to have to finish this book. The prospect is daunting.  I have almost 300 pages done of the first draft of the original document, 350 of the second and another whole file of just ideas and phrases that I want to eventually work into the story somehow.  

WHAT AM I DOING?!?!!  Am I insane?  I did make a vow to my late husband that I would finish it, and I think it's time.  But, how to keep going? 

Life happens.  I was one sentence in and got a call that I had to take.  Got a second call from my daughter letting me know that my grandson will need surgery.  A third call gave me the strength to avoid having to type another word. 

But, it called to me.  It beckoned.  I don't know what came over me.  The procrastinator leapt right in and dove into the work headfirst.  I am not sure, but I think I had better savor this feeling.  At heart, the procrastinator procrastinates, always.  LOL!!

3 comments:

kwbjj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kwbjj said...

interesting..waiting for more!!!!

kwbjj said...

like Nike just do it!!!!