Monday, July 9, 2018

Doot doot doot dooooo!!!

I feel like Dora!  I did it!  (Okay, the title is trumpeting, by the way). 

Here it was, a crisp fresh day and I, the only one awake.  What to do with myself?  Pull out the computer and write while I can still hear myself think, haahaa.

Four pages, guys.  Four pages!!  I can't even fathom that after a month of almost no writing time.  I was so excited.  Little by little they began to trickle out of rooms and that whole breakfast thing was expected of me.  But, still, four!!! 

I not only retyped some of the core ides I already had, I made up another two when I found an inconsistency I hadn't noticed before. 

Still looking for old fashioned names for three of the characters, guys. It was four but my beautiful niece just gave birth to a little girl and named her Faye and I think that is a perfectly lovely name. 

So, I am trying to think through of how to get her husband to be in a position to have the need to chase her.  I think its coming along.  I have finished 258 pages in total.  Rewrites have me at 20 pages so far.  and, yes, I have a long way to go but man am I starting to remember how much fun writing can be again.  and that's what I have been missing.

Question of the day:  What names would you suggest for the other three women in the story?  Looking for old fashioned names, preferably.

Quote of the day: Sergeant Calhoun. “Doomsday and Armageddon just had a baby and it … is … ugly!” ...

 Have a blessed day and enjoy!






No comments: