Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Not the only one...

Okay, love the Sam Smith song 'Not the Only One'.  While the song is sad and depressing and full of heartache and pain, my silly gaggle of geese have changed the lyrics to the contrary.

Now he sings 'You say I'm crazy cause I say I know what you've done.  And when you call me mommy, I know that I'm the only one.'  Little Weird Al's in the making, huh?  They are just nutty enough to realize this and sweet enough to hug me at the end of it.

Life is good.  A little trying at times, but good.  I was able to recover two thirds of my book (yay!!).  And while I lost quite a bit of it, I can appreciate the fact that the best way to look at it is that this is just an opportunity to do it better than it was.  Still frustrating, but it's okay.

Not a very long post today as I spent most of the day setting up my new laptop, ugh.  Cant find license codes (on a file in the old computer), have doubled up on some files that I was able to recover and download...etc...etc..

Enough of the icky!!  Let' get down to business.  If you write or have ever written, do you use and adhere to your outline or is it more of a general path like mine?  I had a creative writing teacher that loved the work I turned in but couldn't figure out why my outlines were so bad.  He cornered me one day and finally got out of me that I would write the piece first and then try and put an outline together after.  He let it fly and graded me backwards.  Technically not a great approach but..

Question of the day:  How do you keep yourself busy when things are out of your control and you can't stop focusing on something?

I'm having a hard time with this one.  I want to be mom and teacher and be fully here, but when it feels like a piece of yourself is missing, its just so hard to concentrate.  I clean a lot, but I have to in order to keep up with the boys. I have rearranged two rooms now.  I exercise twice a day (at least I will look good in the end) and organize.  But its not working, lol!  Help!

Quote of the day- "S'awright" - Senor Wences

Have a wonderful night, sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite....too hard....


No comments: